Nuffnang Ads

05 December 2011

Danne: Komrad: Mao's Hunan & Sichuan Kitchen

I think there's a reason why Chinese food is popular and a hit with many tummies. It really amazes me how Chinese cuisine have a very far and rich history in itself, and how many ways of traditional cooking there are.

I've grown up eating Chinese food, which makes me a little more knowledgeable of it more than any other existing cuisine. For me though, sometimes some dishes could become really generic especially with the many many Chinese food chains and restaurants around.

I'm glad to have tried Komrad: Mao's Hunan & Sichuan Kitchen which offers a different kind of Chinese food, with their Hunan & Sichuan style of cooking. Komrad is located at the Eastwood Mall in Libis, QC.

The price of the dishes are a little more expensive than those of the usual Chinese restaurants but I think the presentation, taste and ambience are worth the try.



The resto's 'theme' revolves around Mao Ze Dong and his other communist friends.


The first that arrived on the table are these huge dumplings. I believe they are called Steamed Hunan Cumin Dumplings (PhP 165). What I really liked about these is that they are really packed with meat.


I really love Sweet and Sour Pork, it reminds me so much of my childhood. Below is Chef Chen's Crispy Sweet & Sour Pork (PhP 288).


Another dish I've tried is the Steamed Fish Fillet with Blackbean Tapenade (PhP 288). The fillets are soft and tasty.


And their Spinach and Century Eggs (PhP 198) was something unique. It had this gelatinous texture.




Komrad also give a modern take to the dining experience, especially when it comes to ambience and interiors.



Personally, I think you can eat here on a Saturday night (with friends) or on Sunday lunch (with family), or on weekdays (with office mates).

吃!



Komrad: Mao's Hunan & Sichuan Kitchen

Address: Eastwood Mall 2nd Level, Veranda, Eastwood Mall, Orchard Road, Bagumbayan, Libis, Quezon City, Metro Manila, PH

Telephone: (63 2) 994-8123, (63 2) 921-3440



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...