Nuffnang Ads

21 August 2012

Tiffy in Japan: Field trip to Nikko Tosho-gu and Nikko-bori Crafting

Field trip to Nikko Tosho-gu
By: Tiffy

As far as I've been told, the Student Affairs Section of the University of Tokyo holds field trips once a semester. Last month, I was fortunate enough to have been selected (they raffle off spots) to go to the field trip to Nikko Tosho-gu, one of the more famous shrines in Japan.


Despite the fact that it was pouring, there were still so many people there. 


Look at those puddles!


In some places, we had to remove our shoes before we can enter. 
(I can confidently say that at the end of the day, not one of our socks were dry)


Look at how amazing it looks--if I can live in a shrine, I'd make this my master's bedroom. 



Look ma: I learned how to carve on wood!
(Let's keep it a secret that the sensei did the hard parts for me: eyes, some curves, and 「日光」)


But I totally carved this myself!

Nikko City, Tochigi Prefecture, Japan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...