Nuffnang Ads

31 October 2011

Lunch at the Soul Shop

296558_1857321931192_1785188427_1305088_1579879703_nLunch at the Soul Shop
by Nicole




Yesterday, Sunday, I was not really in the mood to eat (especially after learning about Narayanan Krishnan - what he's doing hit me big time.)

Tic, toc, tic, toc. . . it was already way past lunch time and so, as a human being, I got hungry. Awesome thing, I was at my favourite place, Crossroad 77! After browsing books and buying one at the bookstore in C77 called the bRoom, I had my lunch at the Soul Shop, one of my favourite places!



It took me a while looking at the menu because I couldn´t decide which one to order since I wanted all of  'em - they've got different types of pasta, rice meals, burgers and sandwiches, vetegarian food, and of course teas and coffee! After so much deliberation in my head, I then ordered the fish kare-kare! :D I haven't eaten this before so I thought, this should be interesting. I ate it with brown rice.

Fish Kare Kare with Brown Rice by Soul Shop
Fish Kare-Kare with brown rice (Php 170)

Boy oh boy oh boy! The fish kare-kare was sooo goood! My reaction after tasting it was like that of Anton Ego, the food critic in Disney's Ratatouille (you know the scene after he had tasted Remy's ratatouille?) I felt like I was teleported to my mom's house and was eating her version of kare-kare! YUUUM! Soul Shop's fish kare-kare is the best food I had since I started working! It's creamy and it's definitely NOT like the usual tasteless or too salty kare-kare. It's one of a kind because it's the first time I've had a fish kare-kare and  the fish was perfectly cooked! I forgot to ask what kind of fish was it though - but I'm pretty sure it was not bangus nor tilapia.

Fish Kare Kare by Soul Shop

Kare-kare is ALWAYS served with bagoong. I was kind of hesitant at first to put the bagoong with it because I was thinking that it would ruin the taste but I was wrong! The bagoong went perfectly well with the kare-kare. Hands down, I just had one of the best lunch ever! :D By the way, as for the dessert, I didn't order anymore because I was already full.

Next week I'll be coming back to try their pasta! And oh, I will introduce you guys also to the Jojiberry healthy food shop (also in Crossroad 77) where they have raw superfood smoothies! DELICIOUSLY GOOD!





Soul ShopCrossroad 77

Crossroad 77 Bldg, 77 Mother Ignacia Ave cor Sct Reyes St 
Quezon City, Metro Manila
Philippines
(02) 374-4811     
Su: 8:00 am - 7:00 pm
M, T, W, Th, F, Sa: 11:00 am - 9:00 pm

P.S.

Soul Shop is not your ordinary café because they not only serve good and healthy food, they also sell interesting Filipino souvenirs!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...