Nuffnang Ads

20 June 2018

TRB Forbidden City, a break from Chinese Cuisine in Beijing

Since there are no existing lists from The Michelin Guide nor from The World's 50 Best Restaurants about the best rated food finds and restaurants in Beijing, China, I decided to check out TripAdvisor, which has a list of the best restaurants in Beijing, for my recent trip.

One restaurant which stood out is the TRB, which has a spot at #7 (TRB Hutong) and #10 (TRB Forbidden City). Also, after hearing good reviews from my colleagues following their experience at Hulu (a new addition to the growing brands of the TRB Group in China), I decided to try out TRB Forbidden City.


A few meters off the Donghuamen (东华门) or the East gate of the Forbidden City, you will find TRB Forbidden City, which is the second restaurant branch of TRB Hospitality Group, "offering contemporary and creative European cuisine in the majestic shadow of the adjacent Forbidden City."


"One can expect a thoroughly regal culinary affair here, from the exquisitely prepared gastronomy to one of the largest wine selections in the city, coupled with our gracious and warm hospitality, the dining experience here is unmistakably befitting to the neighboring palace."

From start to finish, I can only say good things about the restaurant, and attest to their core value of their dedication to providing outstanding hospitality to each and every guest.

I went around a little past 2 in the afternoon, and was offered the Brunch Menu (which is offered until 3pm). They were very responsive to my needs. Their Brunch Menu for that day only offers the 5-course meal, but they allowed me to just take a 3-course meal as I was not very hungry.


They started me off with a complimentary glass of bubbles, and 3 kinds of fresh homemade breads (which I swear was very good as it is, or accompanied with their homemade jams).


My appetizer was the Salmon / Caviar / Grapefruit (三文鱼 / 鱼子酱 / 葡萄柚), followed by my main course, Wagyu Beef (80g) / Asparagus / Pesto / Truffle (和牛(80 克 / 160 克)/ 芦笋 / 青酱 / 松露), and for my dessert the Hazelnut / Mascarpone / Blood Orange (榛子 / 马斯卡彭 / 血橙).



My total damage was RMB228 or Php1,824 (with a RMB 30 service charge). This was definitely a culinary experience I was looking for and worth my time and money. I would definitely want to try their other dishes and restaurants when I get the time to visit again.


TRB Forbidden City
Opening Hours:
Lunch: 11:30-14:30 (Mon-Fri)/ Brunch: 11:30-15:00 (Sat-Sun)
Dinner: 17:30-22:00 (Mon-Sun)
Address: No.95 Donghuamen, Dongcheng District, Beijing China 北京市东城区东华门大街95号 Tel: +8610 6401 6676
Email: forbidden@trb-cn.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...