Nuffnang Ads

14 April 2012

Therese in the Philippines: Balkan Yugoslavian Home Cooking

Intro: You probably don't know this, but I went home to the Philippines last month. In the span of the 9 days that I was there, I tried 5 new restaurants around the metro, and I even went out of town! Therefore, let me take a short break from my Taiwan posts and in my next few entries, I am going to write about the new places I've been to in and around the metro!


We hadn't tried Yugoslavian food before so when I saw a deal in one of the Groupon sites I was a member of, I immediately told my family about it. According to what I saw on the Internet, reservation is required. We went there one Thursday lunch, and we were the only ones there.






Since we were told that servings were huge, we decided to just order a few dishes to share. I'll let the pictures do the talking.

Goulash - The classic beef stew of the Balkans. | PhP 250



We had 2 orders of the goulash and had them split it 5 ways. This was the perfect mix of salty and spicy. The beef was tender and it melted in your mouth. The pasta was also cooked al dente. Yum!

Stuffed Pljeskavica - The burger stuffed with mozzarella, served with rice or fries. | PhP 320
 I liked this because it was stuffed with mozzarella!

Cevapici - The signature Serbian sausages made from spiced ground beef. | PhP 280
This dish was a bit too salty for me. Plus, I think it's sort of the same with the dish above, except that it didn't have cheese.

Batak - Boneless chicken thigh, grilled to perfection, topped with melted mozzarella. | PhP 290
I liked this dish the most because the chicken was indeed grilled to perfection. Plus, it was topped with a generous serving of mozzarella! Yummy!

Palacinke - Traditional Serbian crepes filled with Nutella | PhP 120
I think it can be said that anything with Nutella is delicious, right?

Apple pie
This wasn't on the menu, and we just asked the server if they had other desserts. Normally, I don't like to eat apple pie but this one is different. It was spot on!

Address:
Ground Floor Maripola Building, 109 Perea Street, Legaspi Village Makati 1500
Reservation is required, please call +63.917.547.4188 or +632.846.0744
Restaurant hours: 11:00am – 10:00pm daily

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...