Nuffnang Ads

21 June 2012

Corks and Forks

Most of you probably don't know this, but Nicole and I went to Spain (on a scholarship!) last year. While there, we had a wine appreciation class. At that time (and well, until now actually), I didn't know anything about wine, I wasn't used to drinking it, and I didn't know which would go best with which food. I also couldn't really tell the flavors apart. They all tasted quite the same for me.

Nicole, I hope you don't mind that I'm posting these pictures. Hee!

Fast forward to a couple of months ago, some of my international friends suggested we drink red wine. It was the first time I drank (and actually somehow enjoyed) wine. Maybe I'm growing up and... becoming more cultured? Haha! At least that's how I see it. I appreciate it more now.
The Australian-New Zealand Chamber of Commerce is holding a food and wine event at Makati Shang this Saturday (June 23), from 10AM-6PM. They will be featuring a lot of premium wines from Australia and New Zealand, as well as dishes from said countries. Aside from these, there will also be prizes to be raffled off, contests and other activities throughout the day. If you're free, and you want to experience an event such as this, go on over to Makati Shang's Rizal Ballroom.

Here's the poster for further information:


... but wait! There's more! (infommercial at its finest)

There's a deal in CashCashPinoy wherein you can get discounted tickets for the event! It's expiring in 9 hours though so you better hurry if you want to get tickets!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...