Nuffnang Ads

09 March 2012

Therese in Taiwan: Homemade bread pudding

There was a time when I would occasionally crave for bread pudding, so when I'd see it on the menu, I'd immediately order it. Once, my friends and I went to Borough and I ordered their bread and butter pudding. Yum!

Borough's bread and butter pudding (picture taken last June 2011)

I knew from watching some cooking shows that it's easy to make, but since I'm not known to be an awesome cook/baker, I didn't know how to start. Luckily, my aunt loves to cook and she recently taught me how to make bread pudding.

The ingredients you would need are:
  • leftover bread
  • egg
  • sugar
  • milk


What you need to do are the following:
  • tear the bread up into pieces (you decide how big or small they should be - it doesn't really matter) and put them in an oven container (like the one in the picture)
  • crack the egg into a bowl, add the milk and sugar and then beat all the ingredients together
  • pour the mixture over the bread, fully covering it in the process
  • place the container into the oven and bake at around 200-250 degrees (if I'm not mistaken) for 10-15 minutes.
  • if you're a fan of cheese like we are, you can also add some before putting the container into the oven 

There you have it! Enjoy the yummy goodness of bread pudding!


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...