Nuffnang Ads

18 November 2011

Tiffy in Japan: Tokyo DisneySea

299549_10150273729740892_596240891_7949538_5628475_nTokyo DisneySea
October 27, 2011
Tiffy in Japan


Now I've always wanted to go to Disneyland since I was a little girl watching the Disney channel. I don't know why: is it fun?

Last year, I was supposed to go to Disneyland but ended up in Sanrio Puroland instead. This year, I still didn't end up in Tokyo Disneyland but I ended up in Tokyo DisneySea. When we were trying to decide where to go, my boyfriend asked his friends which one's a better place to go to and they said that DisneySea is more romantic while Disneyland is more family-oriented.

That, and one of my friends playfully warned me about the Disneyland curse. She said that couples who go to Disneyland break up because of the long lines--they run out of things to talk about. She wasn't sure if that was only during summer or if it happens all throughout the year. The existence of this curse was echoed by my boyfriend's friend when I asked him if it were true.

So off we went to Tokyo DisneySea.

Thank you, boyfriend's dad, for the tickets! 

We were there a few minutes before it opened and already, there was a long line. I was told that the line would be much much much longer had it been a weekend and had it been Disneyland. 

Trying to figure out where to go to first.

In DisneySea, as with Disneyland, there are two lines: the normal one and the fast pass one. So usually what is done is, you go to a ride you want to go to (that probably has a long line), go to the fast pass ticket booth beside it, put your ticket beneath the scanner and let it read the bar code and then get a fast pass ticket for the ride a couple of hours after you get the fast pass ticket. 


For example, we got a fast pass for Journey to the Center of the Earth at 10 AM and we can go through the fast pass lane at 11:15 AM--going ahead of everyone else lined up in the normal lane. I didn't know all this until I was already there to which my boyfriend asked, "Why didn't you check it out online before we got here?!"


We did have breakfast before we got here but already I wanted something to eat. There are various stalls all around and it's easy to find in the map. 

We got the Black Pepper Pork Rib (¥420, Php 231) and Mickey Churro (Maple) (¥300, Php 165) and coffee (¥270, Php 149). They have different-flavored churros at different areas. We also had the pumpkin-flavored one. There are also different-flavored popcorn (we had chocolate and strawberry, although he wanted to have the milktea one--I tried milktea ice cream in Korea and I wasn't impressed).

Black Pepper Pork Rib

Mickey Churro

Pocahontas--her face was pretty scary since it seemed frozen that way.



5 comments:

  1. WHOA!! That Pocahontas sure looked like a mannequin! >.<

    ReplyDelete
  2. What other rides are there? Plus, is "Journey to the Center of the Earth" some kind of roller coaster ride? :p

    Mickey Churro! So cute! :D Although I think churros should ALWAYS be dipped in chocolate! xDDD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I particularly liked the Tower of Terror ride because it's a free fall drop kind of ride hoho. Journey to the Center of the Earth was kind of a kiddie roller coaster ride sort of thing with pretty scenes lol.

    No chocolate :( Let's just bring our own when we go there in 2013!!!! <333

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't really like free fall drop rides! My heart falls down with the ride xD hihi.

    Ooh, yes! :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...