Nuffnang Ads

07 November 2011

Tiffy in Japan: Tokyo Inokashira Park

299549_10150273729740892_596240891_7949538_5628475_nTokyo Inokashira Park
井の頭恩賜公園 Inokashira Onshi Kōen
Tiffy in Japan



The last time I was in Tokyo was for a final interview with Uniqlo. At the time, I didn't really have much time to go around on my own except when I was with the rest of my co-interns. I ended up going out drinking with friends around Roppongi because that's where my hotel was located.

This time, however, I was with my boyfriend so we ended up spending time with his friends Masa and Kohtaro. Since I've never been around Kichijōji (吉祥寺), and they think it's fun, we ended up there.


It was a beautiful day to be out--autumn! My favorite season. It's just the right kind of cold. Plus, autumn colors are so relaxing. 


We got off Kichijōji Station and first went to Inokashira Park. The land was given to Tokyo in 1913 and the park opened in 1918. It's name, Inokashira Onshi Kōen (井の頭恩賜公園), can be translated as "Inokashira Imperial Gift Park".

It was an amazing place. I didn't know they have a park that big in Tokyo. 


There were all sorts of people there. And even though it was a weekday, people of all ages walked around and had lunch and stuff. 


When you go deeper into the park, you'll see a stairway going up and you will smell meat cooking. Go inside a random food place (that's what we did) and order something because these were deliciously awesome. Skewered innards are a favorite of mine. 

So what do you do after eating? Why, take a boat ride, of course!


The row-type boat costs ¥600 (roughly Php 300) for one hour while the pedal-type one costs the same for 30 min.



And we ended the day with Donatello's, which served awesome gelato.





Clockwise: Sesame, rum raisin, cinnamon pumpkin


Until my next post: またね!





2 comments:

  1. Cinnamon pumpkin! Sounds yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how there are a lot of pumpkin-flavor stuff because of Halloween :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...